Vehicle Accidentally Rolls Into Deer Creek As Owner Is Taking Photos
CHARLESTON, Utah – A new vehicle accidentally rolled into Deer Creek Reservoir while the owner was taking photos of it, authorities said.
The unfortunate incident happened late Sunday night.
According to Capt. Kam Kohler with Wasatch County Search & Rescue, the individual was taking pictures of the car in order to rent or sell it.
He said the person must have bumped it into neutral when exiting the vehicle and it rolled into the water. There was no one inside when the accident happened.
“The owner of the car had gone to the ramp at the State Park boat ramp to take pictures of his car,” according to a Facebook post from Wasatch County Search & Rescue. “So when the car decided to go for a swim, the owner was out of the car.”
In progress. Car in deer creek. Nobody in the car. Driver is safe.Update: 9/27/20 – 11:05pmWasatch SAR was called…
No injuries were reported.
Kohler said insurance will likely consider the car totaled in this situation.
“We are glad everyone is safe and nobody was in this car,” WCSAR posted.
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 21432)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 11908)
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 5581)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 4994)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 3046)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2433)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center Opens Surge ICU Unit (pageviews: 2030)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Human-Caused Range Fire Originated From Orem Police Gun Range, Officials Say (pageviews: 1820)