Missionary From Highland Dies After Hiking Incident In Switzerland
HIGHLAND, Utah – A sister missionary serving for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Switzerland died following a hiking incident, according to Church spokesperson Daniel Woodruff.
Sister Annabelle Nielsen, 20, of Highland, Utah, died Tuesday. She had been serving in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission since July 2019.
According to Church officials, Nielsen was hiking with five other missionaries when she slipped and fell down a steep incline.
“We express our sincere condolences to her family and loved ones,” Woodruff said in a statement. “We pray they will feel the peace and comfort of our loving Heavenly Father as they deal with this tragedy and honor her life. We also pray for the other missionaries who were with Sister Nielsen at the time of the accident and are working to provide them with the necessary support as they process what happened.”
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12929)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3889)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 3606)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 3300)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 3277)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 2818)
- 3K Test Positive For COVID-19, 8 More Utahns Have Died (pageviews: 1618)
- 'Merry Monolith' Appears In Popular Utah Christmas Display (pageviews: 1540)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 1480)