Safe In 60: How to Celebrate Halloween Safely
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Many traditional Halloween celebrations can be high risk for spreading viruses. There are other safer ways to celebrate that are lower risk.
You can still make the holiday fun with these ideas you can do right in your home:
- Set up a scavenger hunt by hiding candy, and have the kids find it. Just ike an Easter egg hunt!
- Have a virtual Halloween costume contest with family and friends.
- Carve pumpkins with family or outside at a safe distance from neighbors and friends.
People are coming up with some pretty genius do-it-yourself projects to celebrate Halloween at a safe distance. We’ve seen candy delivery systems using a long PVC pipe or a zip line.
If nothing else, use this Halloween to think outside the box and develop some fun ways to celebrate while also being safe.
And of course, if you are not feeling well, if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or if you currently have the virus, refrain from participating in any in-person celebrations. That includes handing out candy to trick-or-treaters.
If you’re healthy and do still plan to take the kids trick-or-treating, make some adjustments to help keep you and others safe.
Keep these things in mind:
- Halloween masks do not protect against COVID-19, so always wear your regular face mask underneath.
- Always stay six feet apart from others. If someone else is on the porch, wait until they finish to approach.
- As an extra precaution, go over the candy quickly with a disinfecting wipe before you open it.
For a complete list of CDC guidelines, along with low-, moderate- and high-risk Halloween activities, check the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays.html#halloween
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)