1 Dead After Crash On Highland Drive In Millcreek
MILLCREEK, Utah – One person has died after a motorcycle vs. vehicle crash on Highland Drive, according to Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department.
Cutler said the crash happened around 5:25 p.m. Thursday near 4600 South.
Witnesses told police a motorcyclist was traveling northbound on Highland Drive at a high rate of speed when a southbound passenger vehicle turned left into some condos.
Both Directions Closed on Highland Dr from 4500 S to 4800 S, Salt Lake Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 10:30 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) November 6, 2020
Cutler said the motorcyclist T-boned the vehicle and was thrown from his bike.
Two nurses who were at the scene attempted lifesaving measures but Cutler said the motorcyclist died at the scene.
His identity was not released. An update on the female driver’s condition was not immediately available.
Cutler said northbound Highland Drive will be closed for several hours for an investigation and one lane of southbound traffic was opened Thursday night.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)