Human-Caused Snow Canyon Fire Threatening Washington Co. Structures
ST. GEORGE, Utah – State fire officials said the Snow Canyon Fire has burned an estimated 100 acres and is threatening structures near Diamond Valley in Washington County.
The fire is human-caused and officials said it was started by shooting-related activities.
— Katie Ryan Rees (@misskatieryan) November 7, 2020
Winds are driving the fire to the north, and a red flag warning was in effect for the area Friday.
State Route 18 has been closed in both directions at Snow Canyon Drive due to the fire.
— American Red Cross of Utah (@RedCrossUtah) November 7, 2020
NEW START: Resources are suppressing the #SnowCanyonFire located in Washington Co near Diamond Valley. It is estimated at 100 acres & is moving north driven by winds. Structures are threatened. The fire was human-caused, shooting related, & the investigation is on-going. #ffslkw pic.twitter.com/L1UkJlGpeT
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) November 7, 2020
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)