Brighton High School Moving Online Due To COVID-19 Outbreak
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah – Brighton High School is the latest in a long line of schools to transition to online classes after officials with the Canyons School District said more than 15 students tested positive for COVID-19.
The school sent a letter to parents and students that said schools will start the transition on Wednesday.
Officials said the change was necessary because of new cases at the school, as well as an increase in the neighborhoods surrounding it.
Students will return to in-person learning on Wednesday, Dec. 2.
The school said students should check Canvas for more information on learning expectations.
The Canyons District COVID-19 dashboard said Alta, Corner Canyon and Jordan high schools are working online along with Indian Hills Middle School.
- Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL TV wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing email@example.com.
- The latest coronavirus stories from KSL TV can be found at our Staying Safe: Coronavirus section.
- Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus?
How Do I Prevent It?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water is not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)