Policies On Prejudice, Seeking Info From Credible Sources Added To Church Handbook
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints General Handbook has been updated to include new policies on prejudice and seeking information from reliable sources.
The section reflect teachings from the faith’s leaders about honoring the dignity and divinity of every soul, according to a statement from the Church.
“All people are children of God. All are brothers and sisters who are part of His divine family,” the handbook states. “Prejudice is not consistent with the revealed word of God. Favor or disfavor with God depends on devotion to Him and His commandments, not on the color of a person’s skin or other attributes. The Church calls on all people to abandon attitudes and actions of prejudice toward any group or individual.”
The handbook also counsels members to “Seek out and share only credible, reliable, and factual sources of information.”
It urges Latter-day Saints to use “the guidance of the Holy Ghost, along with careful study” to help discern between truth and error.
Also updated is the handbook’s section on medical marijuana, clarifing that patients should follow the dosage and the mode of administration from the physician, adding that, “the Church does not approve of vaping marijuana unless the medical provider has authorized it based on medical necessity.”
The Church continues to oppose cannabis use recreationally, according to a statement.
- Instagram account of missing woman returns after being deactivated (pageviews: 78969)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 55145)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 49247)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 26801)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18842)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 15763)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 13889)
- Moab police release details on incident between missing 22-year-old & boyfriend (pageviews: 11211)
- Boyfriend of missing woman breaks silence, releases statement through attorney (pageviews: 7605)