Burgess Owens, Blake Moore Sworn Into Office
Jan 4, 2021, 5:38 AM | Updated: 6:05 am
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – New members of Congress were sworn into office over the weekend.
Among those were Utah’s new congressmen – Republicans Blake Moore and Burgess Owens.
Moore replaced retired Rep. Rob Bishop and is now representing Utah’s 1st District.
Owens is representing Utah’s 4th District after beating out Democratic incumbent Ben McAdams.
Owens is the only member of Utah’s congressional delegation who has said he plans to object to the certification of the presidential election results.
The Electoral College’s votes will be counted Wednesday.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 15140)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 14902)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14198)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 9037)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 8110)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6625)