American Fork Police Seek Missing Woman
AMERICAN FORK, Utah — Police were seeking a woman they said may be in danger after she left a relative’s house on Jan. 3 and had not been seen in-person since.
Kylee Hreinson, 30, did have a conversation with family members Sunday through a messaging app, according to detectives, but it appeared at the time she was under duress and had bruising on her face.
She told her family she was coming home Sunday night, but she still hadn’t done so and was missing as of Monday night, according to police.
“Kylee is still missing, we believe she is still somewhere in the Salt Lake area, but we’re not sure where she is,” said American Fork Police Lt. Josh Christensen. “We just want to make sure she’s okay.”
Christensen said police had also been contacted by another person who claimed to have interacted with Kylee Sunday. As of Monday evening, police said they had relatively high confidence that person was telling the truth.
Still, long-time friend Alexa Turner said she remained worried since Hreinson had not been acting like her typical self.
“Even when she goes MIA for a few days, if I reach out to her on her cell phone or on social media she usually gets back to me,” Turner said. “It’s alarming that, yeah, she hasn’t been on her cell phone or on social media and nobody has been able to get through to her right now. That’s not like her.”
Turner said she and Hreinson had both had similar challenges in the past and she feared that Hreinson may have made a choice that put her in harm’s way.
Police had originally circulated a social media post that included the name and pictures of a man believed to have been the one who drove Hreinson from her relative’s home in American Fork on Jan. 3.
Christensen said police made his information public because they had been previously been unable to reach him.
Police said, however, the man contacted officers shortly after his name had been circulated. He said he had only given Hreinson a ride.
Hreinson is described by police as being 5’5” tall with a thin build and dark brown hair to her mid back. She was last seen wearing darker clothing, possibly including dark leggings and a dark sweater.
Turner said she was last supposed to meet up with her friend for lunch in mid-December, but it didn’t come together.
She hoped police were aware of Hreinson’s past struggles and were looking in the right places for her.
“She’s a wonderful girl—she’s very kind, sweet,” said Turner. “She has a son that she loves very much, she has a family that she loves very much. She’s full of life.”
Anybody with information as to Hreinson’s whereabouts is asked to call American Fork Police Department and Det. Garcia at 801-763-3020 or dispatch at 801-794-3970 after 6 p.m.
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator (pageviews: 22780)
- Homebuyers Warned To Watch For Details In Building Contracts (pageviews: 5385)
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4974)
- Idaho Woman Charged After Girl's Body Found In Trash Bag (pageviews: 4580)
- Map Reveals 5 Utah Zip Codes With Most COVID-19 Deaths (pageviews: 3684)
- Columbus Police Officer Fatally Shoots Girl Swinging Knife (pageviews: 2995)
- Clearfield Repair Shop Owner Hopes Someone Can Identify Burglar (pageviews: 2407)
- Woman Dies From Injuries Sustained In Wrong-Way Freeway Crash (pageviews: 2215)
- Dozens Receive Corrected 2nd Vaccine Shot After Davis Co. Admits Saline Mixup (pageviews: 2193)