3-Year-Old Boy Hospitalized After Being Hit By Truck In Eagle Mountain
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah – A 3-year-old boy was airlifted to Primary Children’s Hospital after he was struck by a full-size pick-up truck, according to Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
Cannon said the crash occurred near 4900 North Lake Mountain Road at 4:20 p.m. Friday.
The boy was riding a bicycle near the side of the road when he was struck and injured “quite badly,” Cannon said.
The driver remained on scene and fully cooperated with authorities; Cannon said there were no signs of impairment or carelessness.
“There are some accidents that are really unavoidable on the part of the driver, and this appears to be one of those where the driver didn’t do anything wrong in this accident occurring,” Cannon said.
The boy’s injuries did not appear to be life-threatening, but he was airlifted because some of his injuries needed some “quick attention,” Cannon said.
Authorities said they did not anticipate filing any charges in the crash.
- Eagle Mountain Man Facing Charge For Grocery Store Incident Involving Teen Girls (pageviews: 4882)
- Utah Man Recovering After Being Attacked Near Downtown SLC (pageviews: 2698)
- Prince Philip, Husband Of Queen Elizabeth II, Dies Aged 99 (pageviews: 2617)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2556)
- State Officials Issue New Public Health Order (pageviews: 1838)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 1705)
- Biden Tightens Some Gun Controls, Says Much More Needed (pageviews: 1471)
- Biden Making New Moves On Guns, Including Naming ATF Boss (pageviews: 1464)
- Mayor Erin Mendenhall Updates SLC Mask Order (pageviews: 1203)