Tooele Firefighters Pull Man From Burning Home
TOOELE, Utah – Crews with the Tooele City Fire Department pulled a man from a burning house near 300 East 670 North.
Chief Chris Shubert said firefighters responded to the home around 3:15 p.m. Monday. Upon arrival, the victim’s wife told crews her husband, who is in his 60s, couldn’t get out of the home.
Shubert said one crew began working on extinguishing the fire while another crew began searching for the man.
“They located her husband upstairs in the bedroom,” Shubert said. “They were able to get him out and get him into the ambulance.”
He was taken to Mountain West Medical Center before being airlifted to the University of Utah Hospital’s burn center. No update on his condition was immediately available.
No cause for the fire has been released but Shubert said it appears to be accidental. He added the family will be displaced from the home due to extensive smoke damage.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)