Driver Extricated, Flown To Hospital After Semi Rollover On I-80
PARK CITY, Utah – One person was flown to the hospital after a semi-truck rollover on I-80 Friday morning.
The crash happened in the area of mile post 150 at approximately 4:20 a.m.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the truck was traveling east when it left the road for an unknown reason and collided with an embankment. The impact caused the truck to roll onto its side.
The truck was hauling barrels of fertilizer, which spilled out out of the trailer during the crash. According to the Park City Fire District, there was a small amount of leakage, but there was no immediate concern. The health department has was notified.
The driver was extricated and transported via helicopter with non-life-threatening injuries.
The freeway was closed for approximately 2 hours and was reopened by 6:30 a.m.
Debris from the crash caused a fuel tank on a separate semi-truck to rupture, authorities said. That driver was able to pull over, and crews responded to look for fuel spills.
- Utah Renews Public Health Order, Sets Goal For Removing Mask Mandate – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11682)
- Salt Lake Co. Health Department Investigating High School Party (pageviews: 7640)
- Police: Kearns Woman Murdered Because 'She Knew Too Much' (pageviews: 7315)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 5601)
- Utah Renews Public Health Order, Sets Goal For Removing Mask Mandate (pageviews: 5443)
- Parents Call For Action After Librarian Seen Reading Racial Slur To Students (pageviews: 5003)
- State Prepares To Offer Vaccine To Utahns 18+ With Medical Conditions (pageviews: 3168)
- Some Residents Object To Sign At Millcreek Business That Uses Flag To Cover Explicit Word (pageviews: 2284)
- Ogden Partners With Company That Helps Essential Workers Purchase Homes (pageviews: 2224)