Workforce Services Building in Midvale Closed After Pipe Bursts
MIDVALE, Utah – The Utah Department of Workforce Services building in Midvale will be closed for at least a week after a water pipe burst Thursday night.
Unified Fire Authority crews responded to the call overnight to find the building at 7292 South State Street flooded with at least four feet of water.
Notice: Our Midvale Employment Center is CLOSED
Due to a water pipe break, the building has sustained water damage and will remain closed until further notice.
For any of our services, please visit us online at https://t.co/hW8kw7HYqs.
— Workforce Services (@JobsUT) February 26, 2021
There was so much water it poured into the parking lot and posed a threat to nearby businesses.
Officials soon discovered the source was an underground water break.
The pipe pumped out nearly 100 gallons a minute.
Crews were called in to help pump out the water, and a disaster cleanup company was brought in to finish the cleanup.
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3947)
- Former Minnesota Cop Charged In Shooting Of Black Motorist (pageviews: 3048)
- 8 People Killed In Shooting At A FedEx Facility In Indianapolis, Police Say (pageviews: 2770)
- Princes William, Harry Won't Walk Side-By-Side At Funeral (pageviews: 1316)
- Raising Cane’s To Open South Jordan Restaurant June 8, Provo Location Later This Summer (pageviews: 1224)
- New Video Shows Suspect Pepper-Spray Utah Highway Patrol Trooper (pageviews: 1171)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 951)
- Judge Refuses Request To Acquit Chauvin In Floyd's Death (pageviews: 898)
- How Does An Officer Grab A Taser Over A Gun? (pageviews: 817)