Police Identify, Arrest Man Accused Of Shooting Provo Officer
PROVO, Utah — The man suspected of injuring a Provo Police officer during a shooting at an apartment complex has been identified and arrested, according to officials with the Provo Police Department.
Keith Justin Taylor, 44, of Provo was booked into the Utah County Jail Saturday afternoon after he was released from the hospital.
On Thursday, officers responded to the area of 80 South 900 East after witnesses said they heard a gunshot. They arrived to find a glass door had been shattered.
Upon further investigation, they “developed cause” to take Taylor into custody, according to the police affidavit.
When officers tried to arrest Taylor, he ran into his apartment, grabbed an AR-15 style rifle and began shooting at officers.
Officer John Oseguera was hit during the exchange. According to officials with the Provo Police Department, Oseguera underwent surgery and was in the process of recovery.
Taylor was also taken to the hospital after he was struck by a bullet.
After he was released on Saturday, Taylor was booked on charges of felony discharge of a firearm and three counts of attempted aggravated murder against Provo Police Officers.
The incident was being investigated by the Utah County Officer Involved Critical Incident Protocol Team.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)