Safe In 60: Make A ‘9 p.m. Routine’ For Your House And Car
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Most auto thefts, vehicle break-ins and property crimes happen overnight. You can often prevent them by following a simple nightly routine.
This is a practice you can do every night that will take less time than brushing your teeth and could prevent you from waking to a nightmare.
It’s called the “9 p.m. Routine.” Police departments encourage taking these few simple steps added to your nightly routine before going to bed.
- Remove all valuables from vehicles
- Make sure vehicles are locked
- Lock and secure your house and garage (including windows)
- Turn on outside lights
- Report any suspicious activity
Develop a habit to take proactive steps nightly to combat would-be thieves looking for an easy target.
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 33024)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22249)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 17815)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12809)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8138)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 5410)