BYU Police Report Multiple Women Were Groped On Campus
PROVO, Utah — BYU Police are looking for an unidentified man who allegedly groped multiple women on campus.
Five victims have reported being attacked by the man.
Officials said the first reported attack happened Saturday on Cougar Boulevard, and four subsequent attacks happened Sunday.
UPDATE: BYU Police: 5th victim just contacted police to report a groping attack.
Here's what we know: First to occur was on Saturday on Cougar Blvd. Four attacks happened on Sunday (two at Helaman Halls and two at the Life Sciences Building).
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) March 29, 2021
Two of the incidents took place at approximately early Saturday afternoon at Helaman Halls, between the Cannon Center and Taylor Hall, and the other two occurred at approximately about an hour and a half later near the Life Sciences Building.
The suspect is described as a white male of average build between the ages of 25 – 40. He stands about 6 feet tall and has thinning or balding blond hair. He was wearing dark glasses, a black mask, black puffy coat and light colored pants.
Around 9 p.m., BYU Police released two surveillance photos of the groping suspect.
“If somebody saw him or was another victim, please call us,” said Long. “The more people we have calling in, the more we can zone in. We have cameras all over campus and we can get a timeline and know any other victims we might have.”
In a “timely warning notice” issued by BYU Police Chief Matthew Andrus, he encouraged students to “travel with a companion when possible and immediately report any incidents or suspicious activity to BYU Police at 801-422-2222.”
When possible, travel with a companion and immediately report any incidents or suspicious activity (801-422-2222).
If you're a survivor of sexual misconduct, BYU has extensive resources to help: https://t.co/qF9uapnvLU
— BYU (@BYU) March 28, 2021
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)