3.0 Magnitude Earthquake Felt Northeast Of Cedar City
SUMMIT, Utah – A 3.0 magnitude earthquake shook parts of southern Utah late Wednesday night.
The quake’s epicenter was about 2 miles southwest of Summit, or 9 miles northwest of Cedar City.
Dozens of Utahns reported feeling the earthquake and no damage was reported.
NEW [V4]: 07 Apr 2021 11:45:30 PM, MDT
08 Apr 2021 05:45:30 GMT
Mag=2.99, 37.7830 N, 112.9562 W, Dep=1.9 km
2 km SW of Summit, UT
— UUSS (@UUSSquake) April 8, 2021
The U.S. Geological Survey invited Iron County residents who felt the quake to report it here.
See the latest earthquakes in the area here.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)