SLC School District Receives State’s First Electric School Buses
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Salt Lake City School District unveiled the state’s first four electric school buses, which began transporting students on Monday.
A second grant from the Utah Department of Environmental Quality will allow the district to purchase more electric buses and retire some of its older diesel-powered buses.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) April 12, 2021
“The first four buses will be used to transport students on the west side of Salt Lake City,” district officials said. “This specific area was chosen because environmental studies show Salt Lake’s west side has some of the highest levels of pollution in the state, and the bus routes in this area will allow the district to utilize the buses to their full potential.”
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13500)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 8905)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8598)
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 7665)
- West Jordan woman killed in crash with truck in Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 6396)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 4997)