High Wind Warning Issued For Northern Utah; Stronger Gusts Expected Tuesday Night
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the National Weather Service have issued a high wind warning for the northern Wasatch Front through noon, and more strong gusts are expected to hit the area Tuesday night.
Wind gusts in Weber and Davis counties passed 60 mph Tuesday morning, and meteorologists urged drivers to use caution along Interstate 15 and U.S. Highway 89.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) April 13, 2021
Second Wind Event Tuesday Night
Stronger winds were forecast to hit the northern Wasatch Front and Cache Valley Tuesday night.
Gusts could reach 65-70 mph along the I-15 corridor from Weber County to the Utah-Idaho state line and along U.S. Highway 89/91 in Cache County.
“This is one you will need to prepare for, particularly Cache County and eastern Box Elder County,” officials said.
Two wind events will impact northern Utah:
⚠️Event 1 is ongoing and will end late this morning
⚠️Event 2 will begin around 6-9 PM tonight and will be significantly stronger. This is one you will need to prepare for, particularly Cache County and eastern Box Elder County #utwx pic.twitter.com/KDwx4uRcT0
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) April 13, 2021
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)