Traffic Delays Expected With Dozens Of UDOT Road Projects
RIVERTON, Utah – The Utah Department of Transportation said as we move into warmer months drivers can expect to see more orange barrels and traffic delays due to new or continuing work on 185 different roads or highways.
In all, UDOT said the projects added up to a $345 billion investment in Utah roads.
UDOT highlighted some of the bigger projects on Thursday that will impact traffic the most.
UDOT said it is part of a multi-year plan to upgrade the Highway. Work started last May and is expected to be mostly complete by December.
I-80 Repaving and New Lane
Also in Salt Lake County, a new project off I-80 between 1300 and 2300 East includes repaving work and then adding a new Eastbound Lane.
UDOT crews will also demolish and rebuild the bridges at 1300, 1700, and 2000 East.
That project is scheduled to start next month and continue through next year.
Davis County Express Lanes and Bridge Widening
Back in the summer of 2018, UDOT started work to widen I-15 in Davis County to make room for new express lanes from Layton Parkway to Riverdale Road.
Crews will also build wider bridges at Church Street and 200 South.
It should wrap up this fall.
All projects can be tracked at the UDOT website where you can also subscribe for project updates.
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 15557)
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 12470)
- Medical examiner and cadaver dog called to park where investigators found Brian Laundrie's items (pageviews: 9862)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9294)
- Suspected human remains, items belonging to Brian Laundrie found in Florida park, FBI says (pageviews: 6279)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6040)
- FBI: Items linked to Laundrie, potential remains found (pageviews: 5879)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5783)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 5356)