Traffic Delays Expected With Dozens Of UDOT Road Projects
RIVERTON, Utah – The Utah Department of Transportation said as we move into warmer months drivers can expect to see more orange barrels and traffic delays due to new or continuing work on 185 different roads or highways.
In all, UDOT said the projects added up to a $345 billion investment in Utah roads.
UDOT highlighted some of the bigger projects on Thursday that will impact traffic the most.
UDOT said it is part of a multi-year plan to upgrade the Highway. Work started last May and is expected to be mostly complete by December.
I-80 Repaving and New Lane
Also in Salt Lake County, a new project off I-80 between 1300 and 2300 East includes repaving work and then adding a new Eastbound Lane.
UDOT crews will also demolish and rebuild the bridges at 1300, 1700, and 2000 East.
That project is scheduled to start next month and continue through next year.
Davis County Express Lanes and Bridge Widening
Back in the summer of 2018, UDOT started work to widen I-15 in Davis County to make room for new express lanes from Layton Parkway to Riverdale Road.
Crews will also build wider bridges at Church Street and 200 South.
It should wrap up this fall.
All projects can be tracked at the UDOT website where you can also subscribe for project updates.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)