South Jordan, Ivory Homes Complete Affordable Houses For Frontline Workers
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – The City of South Jordan and Ivory Homes announced the completion of nine new affordable homes for city and local school district employees through a workforce housing collaboration.
The Bingham Court Workforce Partnership included innovative zoning and infrastructure cost sharing to allow for deed-restricted, affordable homes for frontline workers. This comes as demand for housing and affordability challenges in Utah are at an unprecedented level, according to a press release from South Jordan City.
Happening Now: A ribbon cutting event for new affordable housing for frontline workers in South Jordan.
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) April 29, 2021
Joshua Timothy, a city employee who is buying one of the homes, said homeownership is now possible for his family
“It definitely made it affordable for us,” he said.
Timothy and his wife are the parents of four children, and they’re expecting twins later this year.
“This is double or triple the space we’re used to so we’re really excited to be able to kind of do our own thing now and set it up the way we like and a have a nice place we call home,” Timothy said.
Before learning about the affordable housing program for city employees and other frontline workers, he had put house hunting on the back burner.
“It’s been stressful watching the house prices go up faster than you can save money for,” he said. “We had to honestly decide not to buy a home this year. We were just going to pile up money and maybe in a couple years think about it.”
Timothy is a communications specialist for South Jordan and is excited to own a home in the same city where he works.
“Finding a program like this was crucial just to be able to get into the market in a hard time,” he said.
Once all of the dedicated homes are purchased, this affordable housing option isn’t done, according to the press release. Homes will have deed restrictions to guarantee that they will stay in the affordable housing pool in South Jordan beyond the first homeowner.
Details about other developments like Bingham Court can be found at ivoryhomes.com/workforcehousing.
- Police: 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found In Toy Chest In Room; Death Ruled Accidental (pageviews: 5778)
- Saturday Evening Sessions To Remain Part Of General Conference (pageviews: 2825)
- Boaters Say Fees Going Up, Quality Going Down At Pineview Reservoir (pageviews: 2460)
- 8 Killed, Several Injured In Crashes After Sandstorm Hits I-15 (pageviews: 2372)
- Cedar City Residents Cleaning Up After More Flash Flooding – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1983)
- Family Mourns Husband, Wife Killed In Sandstorm Crash On I-15 (pageviews: 1933)
- Live (pageviews: 1333)
- Delta Mistake Bumps Non-Stop Travelers To Flights With Layovers (pageviews: 1324)
- Utah Reports 843 COVID-19 Cases, 6 Additional Deaths – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1247)