SLC Police Investigating After Body Found With Apparent Gunshot Wound
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officers with the Salt Lake City Police Department said they are investigating after a man was found dead with an apparent gunshot wound.
Lt. Bill Manzanares said a passerby found the body near 300 West Hansen Avenue around 7:45 a.m. Saturday.
The victim was later identified as 51-year-old Kevin Hettich.
Police did not recover any shell casings from the scene, but said it appears Hettich died from a gunshot wound.
Late Saturday night, SLC Police said they were looking for a suspect in the homicide.
The suspect was identified as 42-year-old Nathaniel Joseph Kenyon. Police said he was considered armed and dangerous.
Just after 2 p.m. Sunday, Lt. Steve Wooldridge with the SLCPD said police were notified of Kenyon’s whereabouts and he was taken into custody.
We are attempting to locate a suspect in a homicide reported May 1st. Nathaniel Joseph Kenyon, 42. He should be considered armed and dangerous. Please call 801-799-3000 if you have information on his whereabouts. pic.twitter.com/SJS7nVdRUI
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) May 2, 2021
Nathaniel Kenyon, 42, was booked into jail for the May 1st murder of Kevin Hettich, 51. Our condolences go out to Kevin's family and friends.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) May 3, 2021
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)