HAFB Night Flight Training To Continue Through Third Week Of May
HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah – Members of the active duty 388th Fighter Wing and Air Force Reserve 419th Fighter Wing will continue training flights at night through the third week of May.
Flying is scheduled for most weekdays during that time and should be completed between 10 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
“These times may change based on a number of factors including weather, airspace availability on the Utah Test and Training Range and other support elements,” Air Force officials said. “Hill’s fighter wings must train at night to maintain their combat readiness and all-weather capabilities. Night flying is limited to what is required for pilots to remain proficient in those skills.”
UPDATE: The @388fw and @419FW will continue local night-flying operations at @HAFB on most weekdays through the third week of May. During this period, flying is scheduled to be completed between 10 – 11:30 p.m.https://t.co/m5KimRqlbl pic.twitter.com/lRQarYDMgy
— 388th Fighter Wing (@388fw) May 3, 2021
Both fighter wings have deployed in support of combat operations in the Middle East over the last two years.
Hill Air Force Base is home to 78 F-35A Lightning IIs.
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 8369)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4524)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4477)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 4471)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 4073)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 3888)
- Jurassic Quest Brings Life-Size Dino Exhibit To Utah (pageviews: 2812)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2468)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters (pageviews: 2233)