Input Sought On Prison Land Redevelopment Plan
The Point of the Mountain State Land Authority reached out to the public Tuesday afternoon to get their input.
Officials called it “Plan The Point.”
“We want to turn it into an iconic Utah community, a place that will be internationally recognized and locally loved,” said Alan Matheson, executive director of The Point. “It’s publicly owned, so we want the public to be involved in determining what it is and what it can be.”
The prison is expected to come down in Fall 2021.
A draft plan has already been set up of what to do with the property, which would include a futuristic community development, complete with hi-tech business and transportation, shops and restaurants, housing and open space.
Matheson said part of that planning is looking into the future to know what kind of development would be needed.
“We are trying to think ahead and we’ve brought in some of the best experts in the world to help us do that. What’s transportation going to look like in 10 or 20 years? How will people want to live?” he said.
Construction could start in 2023 and continue into 2024.
The next virtual open house will be held on Thursday, May 20 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
More information can be found at their website.
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)