Redwood Road Closed For Several Hours Following Fatal Crash
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — One man died and two others were injured after a three-car crash at 300 N. Redwood Road on Thursday, according to Salt Lake police.
A sedan with a male driver was traveling north on Redwood Road when he swerved into oncoming traffic just after 300 North, said Salt Lake police detective Marie Stewart. The man collided with a vehicle traveling south which then collided with another southbound vehicle.
The driver of the sedan was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Stewart.
Two passengers from the other two vehicles involved in the crash were transported to a hospital with injuries that are not considered to be life-threatening.
Redwood Road will be closed for several hours from 300 N to 500 N. Due to serious traffic accident. PIO will be on the north east corner of 300 N.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) May 6, 2021
Police were investigating what led the driver to drift into oncoming traffic, Stewart said.
Redwood Road was expected to be closed for several hours from 300 North to 500 North, police officials said on Twitter.
Additional information, including the identities of those involved, has not yet been released.
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 6277)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 5495)
- Locations For Smithfield, Two Other Temples Announced (pageviews: 4697)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 4008)
- Teen Drowns During Water Polo Practice (pageviews: 3161)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 3089)
- Friends, Family Remember Two High School Graduates Who Died In Fiery Crash – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2692)
- Firefighters Close US Highway 6 Due To Bear Fire; Reopenings Possible Throughout Day – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2118)
- Disneyland Resort Dropping Out-Of-State Restrictions Next Week (pageviews: 2078)