21 Suspects Indicted In Wasatch Front Drug Bust
May 13, 2021, 6:08 PM | Updated: 11:49 pm
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A federal grand jury indicted 21 people in connection with a conspiracy to distribute more than $1 million in methamphetamine, fentanyl, heroin, and cocaine across the Wasatch Front.
It took 10 months, thousands of manpower hours, and several agencies to bring down the conspiracy that involved people from Utah, California, and the Mexican Cartel, officials said.
United States Attorney Andrea Martinez said the indictment included 32 counts.
Millions of dollars in drugs off Utah streets and 21-people named as suspects! More coming up on @KSL5TV at 5.
— Debbie Worthen (@DebbieWorthen) May 13, 2021
“This is a big deal,” Martinez said. “To have this size of a drug takedown in our district is significant. There are multiple defendants and it took many resources to bring this down.”
In addition to the drugs, officers seized $415,000 in cash. Martinez said the bust sent a strong message to those who think Utah is an easy place to sell drugs.
“We do not tolerate drugs in our society,” Martinez said. “We don’t want them here.”
The joint Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force operation included the FBI’s Safe Streets Task Force, Wasatch Metro Narcotics Strike Force, Davis County Metro Narcotics Strike Force, West Valley Police Department, and the United States Marshals Service.
The suspects were charged with conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine, conspiracy to distribute fentanyl, conspiracy to distribute heroin, conspiracy to distribute cocaine.
The individuals charged in the indictment are:
- Melvin Bladimir Andrade, aka “The Trucker,” 32, of Roy;
- Jesus Antonio Hernandez Guerrero, aka “Tonio,” 35, of North Ogden;
- Francisco Javier Quezada Aguirre, aka “el Negro” aka “Poncho,” 27, of Mexico;
- Pedro Ignacio Mendoza Ibarra, 28, of Mexico;
- Hector Ramses Blasco Cota, aka “Winnie,” 25, of Salt Lake City;
- Jose Luis Hernandez, aka “Chepe,” 60, of Ogden;
- Troy Rivera, aka “Vecino” aka “Gonzo,” 48, of Farr West;
- Hector Holguin Barrios, aka “Viejo,” 57, of Midvale;
- Hugo Morales Chavero, 30, of Salt Lake City;
- Victor Noe Martinez Portillo, 31, of West Jordan;
- Josiel Rogelio Morales Lopez, 21, of Lehi;
- Isaac Celaya Almanza, aka “Chupa” aka “Flaco,” 50, of Ogden;
- Victor Guzman, “Chiste,” 46, of Ogden;
- Erick Garcia Rivera, 40, of West Valley City;
- Mario Moreno, 40, of Ogden;
- Rubi Rosario Almenta Sanchez, 33, of Westminster, California;
- Edwin Alberto Espino Alfaro, aka “Gordito,” 33, of Ogden;
- Juan Carlos Rosas Rosas, 37, of Ogden;
- Carlos Enrique Canos Gutierrez, aka “Kike,” 26, of West Valley City;
- Marissa Perez, 22, of Torrance, California;
- Andrea Islas, 24, of Salt Lake City.