Investigation Confirms Suspicious Death Of Taylorsville Teen As Homicide
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Unified Police said the suspicious death of a 16-year-old in Taylorsville has been confirmed as a homicide.
Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department said officers were called out to 1623 Elsie Drive shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday, following the discovery of the teen’s body inside a trailer and a “substantial” amount of blood.
“We do not have any idea at this point the cause of death, so we’re calling it a suspicious death at this point,” Cutler said.
Cutler said officers did not find a weapon.
Early Wednesday evening, police circulated photos on social media in an alert to locate a person of interest.
Cutler said the person of interest, a 17-year-old boy, was a friend with the deceased and the two had been seen together earlier.
A patrol officer subsequently located the teen in a nearby parking lot, according to Cutler.
As of late Wednesday, officers were awaiting a search warrant to take a closer look inside the trailer.
“They’ve written a warrant to be able to search and then they will go in with the medical examiner’s office and do a forensics exam and be able to make some determinations on what happened here,” said Cutler.
On Thursday afternoon, Unified Police said the incident was ruled a homicide and that the suspect was taken into custody.
Additional information was not released due to the age of the suspect and victim.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10805)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9163)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6858)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 5521)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5318)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4304)