Investigation Confirms Suspicious Death Of Taylorsville Teen As Homicide
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Unified Police said the suspicious death of a 16-year-old in Taylorsville has been confirmed as a homicide.
Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department said officers were called out to 1623 Elsie Drive shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday, following the discovery of the teen’s body inside a trailer and a “substantial” amount of blood.
“We do not have any idea at this point the cause of death, so we’re calling it a suspicious death at this point,” Cutler said.
Cutler said officers did not find a weapon.
Early Wednesday evening, police circulated photos on social media in an alert to locate a person of interest.
Cutler said the person of interest, a 17-year-old boy, was a friend with the deceased and the two had been seen together earlier.
A patrol officer subsequently located the teen in a nearby parking lot, according to Cutler.
As of late Wednesday, officers were awaiting a search warrant to take a closer look inside the trailer.
“They’ve written a warrant to be able to search and then they will go in with the medical examiner’s office and do a forensics exam and be able to make some determinations on what happened here,” said Cutler.
On Thursday afternoon, Unified Police said the incident was ruled a homicide and that the suspect was taken into custody.
Additional information was not released due to the age of the suspect and victim.
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)