Amazon Allows Cameras Into Utah Delivery Station, Hundreds Of Jobs Available
AMERICAN FORK, Utah – Amazon allowed cameras into one of its Utah delivery stations for the first time as the company prepared to hire hundreds of new employees for additional facilities that will open later this year.
The station in American Fork opened in September and it receives, sorts, and processes 40,000 packages for delivery every day.
With Amazon Prime Day coming up on June 21 and 22 the station will ramp up to 60,00 packages a day.
Amazon opened up the American Fork facility only to KSL cameras where the intricate processing process was displayed.
Trucks from the fulfillment center drop off packages at the massive delivery station where they are scanned, sorted, then loaded for delivery to your doorstep.
Ever wonder how your @amazon packages make it to your doorstep?
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) June 4, 2021
The employees go through a lot of repetitive motions and that’s one reason Amazon recently started to offer employees the Working Well program.
Part of the plant was sectioned off as a space where workers can get in a quick break to stretch.
“The whole purpose of the Working Well program is to show associates different techniques and body mechanics,” said Nate Fulks, Amazon Health and Safety Specialist. “They can use (it) not only in the workplace but also to take it home to their families and their friends and make it part of their everyday life to be healthy and safe.”
Fulk said the program goes beyond stretching. “There’s also parts of it that focus on your nutrition and how you’re eating at home. Things like that just make sure that not only are you being healthy at the workplace but you’re also being healthy in your entire life.”
Amazon came up with the program as a way to cut recordable injury rates by 50% over the next four years.
Amazon will need event more employees for its newest delivery station in Salt Lake City and later this year when Amazon will launch two other stations in West Jordan and Marriott-Slaterville.
A job fair for the Salt Lake location is set for Saturday, June 5.
Candidates can sign up for text alerts by texting SLCNOW to 77088. More information is available here.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)