Disneyland Resort Dropping Out-Of-State Restrictions Next Week
SALT LAKE CITY — No one from the state of Utah has stepped inside the Disneyland Resort theme parks in 450 days after they closed due to COVID-19 on March 14, 2020.
Well, Disney fans are now just a week away from making more magical memories in Southern California because the restrictions for out-of-state visitors will end Tuesday.
Local Disneyland expert and creator of The Happiest Blog On Earth Jessica Sanders shared what she’s been doing to keep that happiness going through this massive hiatus.
— Jessica Sanders (@DisneylandPlan) June 8, 2021
“Definitely Disney music, Disney puzzles,” she said. “(I’ve) got a few extra pairs of these (ears) over the pandemic — more merchandise than I ever need in my life.”
Starting Tuesday, you’ll be able to plan that vacation to Anaheim again — and ‘plan’ is probably the most important word, next to pixie dust.
Sanders said the days of spontaneity and visiting these theme parks on the fly are gone, at least for now, and that might not be a bad thing.
“You can’t just buy a ticket, show up that day and go inside,” she said. “This is a process. There’s more planning than we’re used to and those reservations for the theme parks open up 120 days in advance.”
Utahns have to buy their tickets before selecting the days they’ll attend, up to four months before their trip — and the days will fill up fast.
There is a new reservation calendar section on the Disneyland website that shows the month of June is completely reserved.
You’re out of luck if you’re just starting your search for available days and July is filling up fast.
So word to the wise, you’ve got to start planning now for fall break.
Here are Sanders’ top tips for those Disneyland fans:
Buy your tickets and make that reservation. The tickets are valid until the end of next year.
Download the Disneyland App because everything inside of the park moves smoothly on mobile now, from food ordering to ticket queues for the more popular rides.
Visitors now have to select their starting park online if they have a park hopper ticket, and there is no park hopping until after 1 p.m.
And if you go to The Happiest Blog on Earth, Sanders works hard to give you the latest news about the constant changes because there will be updates.
- Michigan school shooting suspect and his parents were isolated in the same facility and under suicide watch, sheriff said (pageviews: 7050)
- Family of slain teen upset over killer's early release (pageviews: 5386)
- Michigan school officials had legal grounds to search shooting suspect's backpack and locker but did not, prosecutor says (pageviews: 4265)
- Lighting Letdown: Customers call Gephardt after professional holiday light installer goes silent (pageviews: 3940)
- San Francisco restaurant owners apologize after refusing service to on-duty police officers (pageviews: 3472)
- Daycare closed for meth contamination after child pornography charges (pageviews: 2903)
- St. George Police eliminating kindergarten crossing guards (pageviews: 2488)
- Utah woman sews success with her own online quilt shop – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2223)
- One injured after road-rage shooting on SR 201 (pageviews: 1974)