Locations For Smithfield, Two Other Temples Announced
SMITHFIELD, Utah — The locations of three temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were announced Thursday.
The sites included the Smithfield Utah Temple, which will be constructed on a 13.3-acre site at the intersection of 800 West and 100 North.
Plans call for a three-story temple of approximately 81,000 square feet, and detailed designs will be released at a later date.
Utah currently has 27 temples announced, under construction, under renovation or in operation.
In addition to the temple in Smithfield, temples have been announced or are under construction in Ephraim, Layton, Lindon, Orem, St. George (Red Cliffs), Saratoga Springs, Syracuse, Taylorsville and Tooele (Deseret Peak).
Sites for temples in Casper, Wyoming, and Elko, Nevada, were also announced.
The Casper Wyoming Temple will be built on a 9.5-acre site located at the intersection of southwest Wyoming Boulevard and Eagle Drive. It will be the second temple in Wyoming, with the other located in Afton.
The Elko Nevada Temple will be located on a 5.2-acre site adjacent to the southeast corner of Ruby View Golf Course. It will be Nevada’s third temple, with the other two located in Las Vegas and Reno.
Both plans call for single-story temples of approximately 10,000 square feet.
“Detailed design plans for these temples are still being developed,” Church officials said. “Further information will be made public later. Groundbreaking dates have not been set. Project leaders will soon start working with city officials in these locations on preliminary plans for the temples, and leaders will be filing public documents in the coming months.”
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)