Saturday Is Free Fishing Day In Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — Saturday is Free Fishing Day in Utah, and is there anything more relaxing than casting a line and waiting patiently to see if they’re biting — all without having to get a license?
The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources listed some places they don’t think will be too crowded across five regions of the Beehive State.
First, in northern Utah, head to East Canyon State Park in Morgan County and hook a trout, wiper or smallmouth bass.
In honor of Free Fishing Day tomorrow, we’re launching the new recipe section of our website! It includes three tasty fish recipes for you to try asap: https://t.co/54c3fGxYFc
— UtahDWR (@UtahDWR) June 11, 2021
Northeastern Utah boasts everything from brook trout to mountain whitefish at Moon Lake in Duchesne County.
In Central Utah, how about Salem Pond for a fishing experience near the city to snag some bluegill or channel catfish?
Blanding Reservoir No. 4 in San Juan County is a spot to land a largemouth bass in the southeastern corner of the state.
And let’s say you’re taking the kids or grandkids fishing for the first time – the DWR wants to make it special.
You can print out a certificate to mark the occasion with the date and the location for a keepsake. You’ll notice they left off the size of the fish — because that’s where the fish story comes in later in life.
Check out wildlife.utah.gov for more information and remember, state park fees still apply — it’s just the fishing license isn’t necessary.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)