Spring Fire Forces Evacuation Of Boy Scout Camp In Sanpete County
SPRING CITY, Utah — Air and ground crews are responding to a new wildfire in North Sanpete County.
State fire officials said the Spring Fire, located east of Spring City, Utah, had burned an estimated 5 acres and was 50% contained Wednesday morning.
Officials said 500 scouts at Camp Tifie, a Scouts BSA camp located southeast of Mount Pleasant, and one home were evacuated as a precaution, but officials said “air resources have been very effective in knocking down flames.”
State fire officials said the cause is under investigation.
With the quick joint efforts of air & ground resources, fire progression has stopped. Fire officials are optimistic there will be minimum to no growth through tonight on the #SpringFire. Fire cause is under investigation. 📸 credit: Central Area FMO Fred Johnson #kmyffsl pic.twitter.com/tGjdXFfCb3
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 16, 2021
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)