Harmons Chef Lesli’s Grilled Lamb & Paneer-Vegetable Skewers Recipe For Father’s Day
SALT LAKE CITY — Father’s Day is coming up on Sunday, and if you’re still trying to figure out what to make for dad — we have a few ideas.
Chef Lesli Sommerdorf for Harmons joined KSL’s Tamara Vaifanua to make grilled lamb and paneer-vegetable skewers.
Grilled Lamb & Paneer-Vegetable Skewers
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cayenne
- 2 bunch fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1 lb boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 (14 oz) pkg whole milk paneer, drained and cut into 1 1/4″ cubes
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, halved, seeded, and cut into 1 1/4″ cubes
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
- Wooden skewers
In a small bowl, add coriander, cumin, salt, cayenne, and mint.
In a resealable plastic bag, add lamb and toss to coat with half of spice-herb mixture.
In another resealable plastic bag, add cheese and toss to coat with remaining half of spice-herb mixture.
In a blender, add onion, oil, garlic, and water and pulse until almost smooth. Add half to bag with lamb, seal, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add remaining half to bag with cheese, seal, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, if using wooden skewers, soak skewers in water for 20 minutes. Thread cheese, bell pepper, and onion onto skewers. Thread lamb onto other skewers.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill lamb, turning when browned, until just cooked through and grill marks appear all over, about 8 minutes total.
Grill cheese and vegetable skewers, turning when browned, until cheese and vegetables have grill marks, about 6 minutes total.
Transfer lamb and cheese skewers to a serving platter, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home (pageviews: 9916)
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5751)
- Park City Fire Chief Dead After UTV Crash During Oregon Vacation (pageviews: 5201)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah's Drought (pageviews: 4135)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah’s Drought – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3339)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 3156)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2353)
- No. Tooele Police Investigating After Fireworks Damage Parts Of Neighborhood – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2187)
- Live (pageviews: 1925)