Cause Of Fire At Abandoned Ogden Home Under Investigation
OGDEN, Utah — Fire crews were called out to an abandoned home in Ogden that was completely engulfed in flames.
The incident occurred near 29th Street and Washington Boulevard around 3:41 p.m. Monday.
Deputy Fire Chief Shelby Willis with the Ogden City Fire Department said a bystander reported it.
When crews arrived, they found smoke and flames throughout the entire home, which Willis said had partially been under demo.
Firefighters used a defensive attack, according to Willis, meaning they fought the flames from outside the building.
“The fire had spread to the grass. (Firefighters) were able to stop the spread further,” said Willis. “The concern was there’s a new apartment complex under construction right adjacent to this property. The fire did not reach that particular area, thankfully.”
No one was injured, but damages were estimated at $250,000.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)