FOOD & RECIPES
Smith’s Chef Jeff’s Shrimp Boil Tin Foil Packets Recipe
Jul 1, 2021, 1:58 PM | Updated: Feb 13, 2023, 1:27 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Smith’s Chef Jeff Jackson is back and he is making a summer favorite just a bit easier for those who may not want to wait all day: shrimp boil tin foil packets.
- 1 lemon
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, halved
- 2 cobs corn, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 oz. smoked sausage, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, thawed and dried if frozen
- Lemon wedge for serving
- Add the potatoes to a microwave-safe bowl with 1 tbsp. of water. Cover with plastic and cook on high for 4 minutes. Preheat grill to med-high or your oven to 375. Slice the lemon in half and cut 1 half into wedges.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, garlic, parsley, cajun seasoning, Old Bay, and a little salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the par-cooked potatoes, corn cobs, sausage and shrimp to the butter mixture. Toss to combine.
- Divide the mixture onto 4 large pieces of foil that have been sprayed with non-stick spray. Close and seal the foil to form packets. Place in the oven on a sheet pan or on the grill and close the lid. If cooking on a grill, cook for 7 minutes and then flip and cook for 7 more minutes. Cook for 13-15 minutes in the oven.
- Serve warm the lemon wedges and enjoy!
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 14346)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14172)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 11996)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 11993)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 10759)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 9599)