One Killed In SB I-15 Crash Near 5300 South
MURRAY, Utah — One person has died in a single-vehicle crash on southbound Interstate 15, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Troopers closed all southbound I-15 lanes around 6:20 a.m. Monday and traffic was temporarily diverted off at the 5300 South exit.
UHP Sgt. Cameron Roden said the red car hit the median on the right side of the interstate before crashing into the center median.
Troopers had received reports of a reckless driver in Davis County earlier Monday; they said the car from that report was similar to the car that crashed in Murray.
Roden said the driver appears to be a male in his late teenage years.
Utah Department of Transportation crews said to expect delays in the area. Troopers reopened three right-hand lanes around 7 a.m. Monday.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)