Rain Causes Flooding In Cedar City With More Storms Looming
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A powerful storm left behind flooding in several areas Monday afternoon as homeowners began preparing for more rain this week.
Several properties near Fiddlers Canyon saw problems ranging from flooded yards to rocks in the road.
“(I) didn’t know we had rain anymore,” chuckled Seth Price. “The rain was coming off this empty lot and kind of made a river into our yard.”
— Jesse Harris (@elforesto) July 19, 2021
Homes around him saw water in yards as well and neighbors were working to divert the water away from foundations and basements.
The National Weather Service reported some areas saw as much as 2 inches of rain per hour over a 4-hour period, leading to flash flooding.
FLOODED ROADS: Roads in Enoch, Utah flooded after a storm moved through the area, dumping rain on homes. 🌧🌧🌧 #utwx
📸: Christina DeMille pic.twitter.com/TP5Kws5adh
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) July 20, 2021
A police spokesman said he did not have a count of properties impacted by flooding but said there was flooding in “many places.”
Price was sandbagging ahead of more anticipated storms this week.
“I think there’s more to come and we need it — it’s a blessing,” Price said. “We’ll try and work around it.”
Scattered storms are possible across the state Tuesday, likely peaking in the afternoon, according to KSL meteorologist Grant Weyman.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)