Criminal Investigation Underway After Fireworks Spark Hay Barn Fire
SPANISH FORK, Utah — Officials are calling one firework a “criminal act” after it completely destroyed a barn and its contents in Spanish Fork.
The fire started about midnight Sunday morning on River Road. Officials say it only took one firework to destroy the barn and over 100 tons of hay.
The fire occurred in a restricted firework area and the Utah County Fire Marshall is investigating along with Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
“This was a criminal act. Hay is impossible to get this year,” Utah County Fire Marshall said in a Facebook post Sunday. “With the water situation it can’t be grown to replace it this year. This should be feeding cattle this winter rather than being destroyed by reckless behavior.”
Investigators are asking anyone with information on the fire to contact the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)