Semi-Truck Crashes Impact Salt Lake City Traffic
SALT LAKE CITY — Authorities responded to two crashes involving semi-trucks in Salt Lake City on Monday, including one that left a truck partially hanging off an overpass.
Hazmat crews responded to the northbound Interstate 215 West to westbound I-80 ramp Monday morning after a semi crashed.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Fire Department said the driver was able to safely exit the cab, which was hanging over the edge of an overpass.
Firefighters said drivers should avoid the area, including the eastbound I-80 to southbound I-215 East ramp, and expect the delays.
The Utah Highway Patrol said the ramp will be closed until 4 p.m.
Jackknifed Semi Blocks I-15 Lanes
Emergency crews also responded to a jackknifed semi-truck that blocked southbound I-15 lanes near 800 South in SLC.
No cause for the crash has been given but wet road conditions were reported in the area.
Troopers said drivers should turn their lights on if their wipers are on. Visibility is difficult in weather like this.
“Keep the speeds down,” troopers said. “Hydroplaning is not an excuse for crashing. It means you were traveling too fast for conditions.”
Troopers also urged drivers to wear their seat belts.
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 33024)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22249)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 17815)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12809)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8138)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 5410)