One Injured After Car Vs. Semi-Truck Crash That Closed SB I-15
SALT LAKE CITY — A crash involving a semi-truck and passenger car temporarily closed southbound Interstate 15 near downtown Salt Lake City and seriously injured one person, according to state troopers.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said the passenger car lost control and spun in front of the semi-truck on I-15 near 500 South Thursday morning.
The two vehicles collided and the semi-truck rolled onto its side, blocking several lanes of traffic.
Troopers said the driver of the car was uninjured and the semi-truck’s driver suffered serious injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
Traffic quickly backed up to the 600 North exit, but crews reopened most lanes before 10 a.m. Thursday.
The truck was hauling paper products.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)