Motorcyclist killed in I-15 construction zone crash
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — A motorcyclist was killed in a four-car crash on northbound Interstate 15 Monday night, according to Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol.
The crash happened in a construction zone just south of the Pleasant Grove Boulevard exit.
Roden said the crash is under investigation, and it was the second fatal crash troopers responded to in the area on Monday.
“People need to slow down,” said UHP Sgt. Jeffrey Dutson. “People need to watch down the road, pay attention, plan farther in advance. It’s not worth saving a couple of seconds.”
Earlier, a semi-truck driver was killed after one of the truck’s tires blew out, causing the truck to crash into the median.
Witnesses told troopers the driver was ejected and pulled underneath the semi-truck as it continued south along the HOV and left emergency lane.
The four left lanes on southbound I-15 were shut down for several hours while crews investigated and cleared that crash.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)