Harmons Chef Lesli’s recipe for grilled peaches with brown sugar creme anglaise
SALT LAKE CITY — Chef Lesli Sommerdorf with Harmons stopped by the KSL TV studios to share the recipe for one of her favorite summer treats — grilled peaches with brown sugar creme anglaise.
Brown Sugar Creme Anglaise
- 2 cups whole milk
- 5 Tbsp firmly packed golden brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 peaches, halved, pitted, and quartered
- Canola oil
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pistachios, for garnish
- Hollow Tree honey, warmed, for garnish
- Fresh basil ribbons, for garnish
To make the crème anglaise, fill a large bowl with ice and a small amount of cold water. Place a smaller metal or glass bowl in the ice bath. Place a fine-mesh sieve over bowl.
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add milk, sugar, and salt and stir until sugar is dissolved.
In another small bowl or glass measuring cup with a spout, whisk egg yolks.
When milk mixture forms bubbles around pan edges and wisps of steam appear, slowly pour milk mixture into egg yolks, whisking constantly. Scrape milk-egg mixture back into saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula, until custard begins to thicken and coats spatula. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
Strain custard into bowl set over ice. Stir custard until cool. Refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.
Prepare a grill pan or grill over medium-high heat.
Place peaches on a cutting board or plate. Brush cut sides lightly with oil. Place cut sides down on grill and cook until grill marks form, about 3 minutes. Turn to other cut sides and cook until grill marks form, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Place four spoonfuls of crème anglaise on four dessert plates. Place grilled peaches on pools of sauce. Sprinkle with pistachios, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with basil.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 34915)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 24405)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 11463)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8961)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 7037)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4182)