Smith’s Chef Jeff Jackson’s recipe for marinated mozzarella & melon skewers
SALT LAKE CITY — Chef Jeff Jackson with Smith’s showed us how to make a refreshing snack that’ll remind you of summer as the season wraps up — marinated mozzarella and melon skewers.
For the mozzarella & melon
- 1/3 c. basil pesto
- 2 c. fresh mozzarella balls
- 4 c. mixed melon balls
- 1-2 c. fresh basil leaves
For the vinaigrette
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic or champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. fig preserves/jam
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the pesto and mozzarella balls.
- Make the vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk or use a stick blender to blend. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Assemble the skewers by alternating the mozzarella, melons, and basil leaves on a skewer.
- Arrange on a serving platter and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Enjoy!
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 34915)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 24405)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 11463)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8961)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 7037)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4182)