FOOD & RECIPES
Smith’s Chef Jeff Jackson’s recipe for marinated mozzarella & melon skewers
Aug 27, 2021, 4:04 PM | Updated: Feb 13, 2023, 1:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Chef Jeff Jackson with Smith’s showed us how to make a refreshing snack that’ll remind you of summer as the season wraps up — marinated mozzarella and melon skewers.
For the mozzarella & melon
- 1/3 c. basil pesto
- 2 c. fresh mozzarella balls
- 4 c. mixed melon balls
- 1-2 c. fresh basil leaves
For the vinaigrette
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic or champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. fig preserves/jam
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the pesto and mozzarella balls.
- Make the vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk or use a stick blender to blend. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Assemble the skewers by alternating the mozzarella, melons, and basil leaves on a skewer.
- Arrange on a serving platter and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Enjoy!
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)