Smith’s Chef Jeff Jackson’s recipe for marinated mozzarella & melon skewers
SALT LAKE CITY — Chef Jeff Jackson with Smith’s showed us how to make a refreshing snack that’ll remind you of summer as the season wraps up — marinated mozzarella and melon skewers.
For the mozzarella & melon
- 1/3 c. basil pesto
- 2 c. fresh mozzarella balls
- 4 c. mixed melon balls
- 1-2 c. fresh basil leaves
For the vinaigrette
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic or champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. fig preserves/jam
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the pesto and mozzarella balls.
- Make the vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk or use a stick blender to blend. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Assemble the skewers by alternating the mozzarella, melons, and basil leaves on a skewer.
- Arrange on a serving platter and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Enjoy!
- Instagram account of missing woman returns after being deactivated (pageviews: 45491)
- Moab police release details on incident between missing 22-year-old & boyfriend (pageviews: 34639)
- Moab Police responded to incident involving missing woman, boyfriend (pageviews: 21205)
- Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13494)
- Moab police say they responded to incident involving missing woman, boyfriend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12568)
- One killed, another injured after industrial incident at University Hospital (pageviews: 12003)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman named person of interest (pageviews: 10881)
- Moab police say they responded to incident involving missing woman, boyfriend (pageviews: 10278)
- Surgeries halted as Utah kidney patient waits for transplant (pageviews: 9533)