UHP responds to fatal crash on NB I-15 in Orem
OREM, Utah — One person was killed in a crash on northbound Interstate 15 in Orem, according to Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol.
The crash occurred near the 1600 North offramp Tuesday morning after the driver cut across the exit’s gore area.
Roden said the victim was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle after hitting the right wall.
The vehicle continued down the offramp, hitting the wall multiple times.
The victim was pronounced dead on scene.
Now @UTHighwayPatrol have a deadly accident on I-15 Northbound at 1600 North off ramp.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 7, 2021
Authorities responded to six fatal crashes over Labor Day weekend, which marks the end of the deadliest 100 days on Utah’s roads.
State troopers reported an increase in the number of tickets issued for drivers going more than 100 mph and said road aggression is on the rise.
“It’s tough for families to have to deal with that after a holiday weekend,” Roden said. “It’s disappointing for us, especially when we have so many additional patrols out there, trying to make sure people are safe.”
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)