Provo High lockdown lifted after police investigate reports of person with a weapon
PROVO, Utah — A lockdown at Provo High School has been lifted, according to authorities.
Sgt. Nisha King with the Provo Police Department said the school was placed in lockdown after a student at the school reported seeing a gun during an argument between two males.
“The school was immediately put on lockdown, with students evacuated and all precautionary measures being taken,” police said.
The lockdown at @ProvoHighSchool is done. The two minors (unknown if they were students at this time) involved in some type of fight in the parking lot have been located. One of those students had an airsoft gun which a third student saw and notified a teacher. pic.twitter.com/CogT3qxsPf
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) September 16, 2021
No injuries were reported and police said both individuals involved in the argument had been located.
“We understand this is a stressful, concerning time and want to reassure parents and students that their safety is our top priority,” police said. “We want to thank everyone for your patience and for abiding by lockdown protocols for their and others safety.”
Nearby Lakeview Elementary School locked its doors and continued with classes as normal, with the exception of outdoor activities, school officials said.
Police said they are continuing their investigation at the high school.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 34915)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 24405)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 11463)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8961)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 7037)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4182)