12-year-old injured after being struck by car near Blanding
BLANDING, Utah — Deputies are asking for information from the public after a 12-year-old girl was struck by a car outside the city of Blanding.
The incident happened on Blue Mountain Road around 8 p.m. Thursday.
Officials with the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office said the 12-year-old sustained serious injuries in the crash and was flown to Primary Children’s Hospital.
Following the collision, the car continued on, traveling south into Blanding, according to deputies.
“San Juan County Sheriff’s Deputies and Blanding City Police Officers are working together to follow up on all leads of vehicles and drivers who may have been involved,” read a Facebook post from SJCSO. “Deputies are checking cameras in the area that might have caught a video of the vehicle in question.”
Anyone with information on the incident was asked to call 435-587-2237.
Deputies said there’s a $500 reward for any details that leads authorities “to the arrest and prosecution of the suspect.”
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 7556)
- Missing teen returns home to Eagle Mountain (pageviews: 6298)
- Missing teen returns home to Eagle Mountain – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5748)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4510)
- Authorities searching for 13-year-old boy on Fish Lake (pageviews: 3680)
- 'Elf Emporium' for Festival of Trees is woman’s dying wish (pageviews: 3089)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 3051)
- Laundrie family hopes for answers after remains found (pageviews: 2590)
- Authorities searching for 13-year-old boy on Fish Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2517)