One arrested after body of Park City man found by passerby
PARK CITY, Utah — One man has been taken into custody after the body of a 50-year-old man was found Thursday morning, according to officials with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities said 58-year-old James Ramsdell was booked into the Summit County Jail on suspicion of murder, a first-degree felony charge, among other charges.
Deputies responded to Countryside Circle in Highland Estates around 6:50 a.m. Thursday after a woman called 911 saying she found a body lying in the grass of a residence while she was walking her dog.
They identified the victim as John Krieg, of Park City, and encountered an individual leaving a nearby residence who had a gunshot wound to his hand.
The injured man was identified as Ramsdell, and deputies detained him for questioning after he received medical care for his wound.
Investigators said they determined Krieg had a single gunshot wound to his chest, and he lived in a basement apartment near where his body was found.
During the investigation, deputies learned Krieg and Ramsdell, who lives in the upper level of the same residence, got into an altercation while drinking alcohol early Thursday morning.
“At some point during the altercation, a small handgun was introduced,” deputies said. “The two men exited the home and were arguing. Ramsdell returned to the residence, but Krieg did not. Law enforcement wasn’t contacted until the passerby saw Krieg’s body lying near the roadway.”
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)