Hundreds without power, 5600 West closed after car crashes into West Valley power pole
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Emergency crews were working to restore power to hundreds of people Monday morning after a car crashed into a power pole on 5600 West near 3800 South.
Rocky Mountain Power crews said downed power lines were blocking 5600 West and estimated it would take around two hours to repair the damage and reopened the road.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) October 11, 2021
The Utah Department of Transportation warned drivers to treat the intersections of 5600 West at 4100 South and Mountain View Corridor Highway at 4100 South as four-way stops due to signal problems.
Police said the driver of the car appeared to be driving northbound on 5600 West when he swerved and crashed into the power pole, knocking it down.
Authorities said the driver did not suffer any injuries, and the power outage was initially affecting 2,470 customers in the area.
That number dropped to around 400 at 6:30 a.m.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)