Lehi woman killed in Little Cottonwood Canyon crash
LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON, Utah — A 21-year-old woman was killed and a man was critically injured in a crash that closed Little Cottonwood Canyon for several hours near Tanners Flat Sunday evening.
Police said the crash the vehicle was heading down the canyon around 6 p.m. when the driver hit a sharp turn, overcorrected and slammed into the side of the mountain.
Authorities said alcohol may have played a factor in the crash, which is under investigation.
The canyon reopened around 10:15 p.m. Sunday, and officials with the Unified Police Department identified the victim as 21-year-old Mandee Danielle Oberg, of Lehi.
An update on the condition of the other victim, who police said is in his 20s, was not immediately available. He was taken to an area hospital in critical condition Sunday evening.
🚧 #RoadClosureUpdate 🚧 @UPDSL has reopened #SR210 following the clearing and investigation of the fatal crash at Tanners Flat (MP 8).
Thank you for your patience during this closure. Safe travels!@UDOTTRAFFIC @AltaCentral @AltaSkiArea @Snowbird @alta_of pic.twitter.com/JbMMKyL8XK
— UDOT Cottonwood Canyons (@UDOTcottonwoods) October 18, 2021
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)