Lehi woman killed in Little Cottonwood Canyon crash
LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON, Utah — A 21-year-old woman was killed and a man was critically injured in a crash that closed Little Cottonwood Canyon for several hours near Tanners Flat Sunday evening.
Police said the crash the vehicle was heading down the canyon around 6 p.m. when the driver hit a sharp turn, overcorrected and slammed into the side of the mountain.
Authorities said alcohol may have played a factor in the crash, which is under investigation.
The canyon reopened around 10:15 p.m. Sunday, and officials with the Unified Police Department identified the victim as 21-year-old Mandee Danielle Oberg, of Lehi.
An update on the condition of the other victim, who police said is in his 20s, was not immediately available. He was taken to an area hospital in critical condition Sunday evening.
— UDOT Cottonwood Canyons (@UDOTcottonwoods) October 18, 2021
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 36713)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 15198)
- Woman fatally shot in Pleasant Grove; police say her son is now in custody (pageviews: 14120)
- Springville High softball team honors teen shot in murder-suicide scenario (pageviews: 10444)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen (pageviews: 8343)
- 911 dispatcher who asked 'Why are you whispering?' during Buffalo shooting, to be fired (pageviews: 8162)
- Woman found dead after apparent drowning in Ogden Canyon (pageviews: 7270)